Job ID 2017-41624
Summary DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $15 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The DISH Technologies Safety Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and updating safety program(s) to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions for assigned locations by performing the following duties. Risk Management has an opportunity for an experienced, self-directed safety professional. The position supports the Uplink facilities and supporting locations and requires approximately 25-35% overnight travel.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure overall compliance with OSHA and other applicable regulations, including state-specific regulatory programs. Emphasis on OSHA’s telecommunications, electrical and radiation safety standards.
- Conduct site audits to maintain compliance with federal, state and local regulations, company policies, training initiatives, workers’ compensation requirements and risk mitigation programs. Identify risks/deficiencies and ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
- Promote company safety initiatives, including safety recognition program, site safety committees and other company/divisional loss control programs. Conduct accident investigations with site representatives to assess unsafe acts and conditions, process changes and other injury prevention/reduction activities.
- Act as the divisional safety resource for all safety/loss control issues and questions. Create and disseminate safety communications and provide monthly summary loss reports.
- Review loss information to determine trends to plan needed safety initiatives.
- Ensure workers’ compensation and auto claims are reported accurately and timely. Follow-up with site management when improvements and training are needed. Participate in divisional claim reviews. Identify required safety training for field staff and partner with Training to develop training programs. Provide necessary safety training to field staff in conjunction with Training.
- Work with Managers, Divisional Management, Training, insurance brokers, insurance carrier and other departments to identify additional risk mitigation issues. Communicate issues and recommend changes to Risk and management.
Skills – Experience and Requirements
A successful Safety Specialist will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety engineering program or equivalent education and/or experience required.
- Safety certification designation preferred. Fleet safety experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations, including telecommunications, electrical and radiation safety standards.
- Must be able to make oral presentations to large and small groups. Must be able to design, author and create written safety materials that support loss control efforts.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Must have above average verbal, written and interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels. Must have the ability to travel by auto and aircraft, and be away from home for extended periods.
For more information about the position and application submission please visit the link below.